<$BlogRSDURL$>

Online Poker at Full Tilt Poker
Play poker at the only online poker room designed by the world’s best players.
Monday, May 31, 2004

A Good Couple Weeks
I haven't done all that much actual logging of my online poker play here on Cheap Thrills. I just haven't had the urge to write stuff like "I played .50/$1 for an hour tonight and won $6.25." I prefer that there be something interesting that happens or that I gain some insight from the poker session, and that just doesn't happen all the time.

Running Hot

The past couple weeks have been a little different for two reasons. First, I've been using Poker Tracker and therefore have more info about a given session. Second, I've done pretty well this week. These two factors are doubtlessly related, as the knowledge that everything is being recorded in Poker Tracker has made me play a bit smarter.

Here are some sessions from Paradise Poker .50/$1:
May 19, 2004 7:00 PM - 7:59 PM +$9.00
May 20, 2004 7:19 PM - 8:38 PM +$16.25
May 29, 2004 3:10 PM - 3:27 PM +$14.00
May 29, 2004 12:33 AM - 12:47 AM +$2.75
May 30, 2004 10:25 AM - 10:58 AM +$22.00
May 30, 2004 5:37 PM - 6:53 PM +$4.75
May 30, 2004 12:45 AM - 2:18 AM -$9.25
May 31, 2004 4:08 PM - 4:21 PM -$4.25

Since I started using Poker Tracker on May 18 my BB/100 hands is 15.73 over 348 hands. (I realize this is too small a number of hands for the BB/100 figure to mean much, but I am still happy about how high the figure is :)

In 3 roughly 1-hour sessions on Absolute Poker's .25/.50 tables I picked up $17.15; in 3 sessions at $1/$2 I've won $33.38; but at the .50/$1 tables I'm down 16.35 in 4 sessions. I've also cleared $45 in bonuses from Absolute since May 15.

Absolute Otis

I also took part in Otis from Up for Poker's Bonus Whoring Contest, and I won! The challenge was to convince Otis about which poker site to buy into next, and Otis would then use the winner's deposit code. I wrote up some silly haikus recommending Absolute Poker, seeing as I've been doing pretty well there and they hand out regular reload bonuses. Otis posted the haikus on his blog. Unfortunately I don't actually have a bonus code at Absolute Poker, so we are in the middle of sending in the appropriate e-mails to get Absolute's refer-a-friend bonus.

(I just typed "www.absolutepoker.com" incorrectly ointo my web browser and got this site: http://www.aboslutepoker.com/. Bizarre.)

I wrote those haikus this past Friday night, during the 6 hours or so that we were watching the final table of the World Series of Poker through PokerStars. You know I was drunk because I wrote haikus and referred to my "dear readers" about 5 times in my Intro to B's otherwise excellent write-up of the final table.

Mrs. Cheap Thrills

Pauly was kind enough to mention our write-up of the final table. He writes, "Cheap Thrills also had a good write up that a friend of his wrote on the final table action." Hey everyone, B is my wife! As they say in poker chat, lol. Maybe I should refer to her as Mrs. Cheap Thrills or something.

Okey doke, I'm off to play just a bit more before this fine Memorial Day weekend comes to end.

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger Listed on 
BlogShares Who Links Here