<$BlogRSDURL$>

Online Poker at Full Tilt Poker
Play poker at the only online poker room designed by the world’s best players.
Thursday, September 09, 2004

On Blogging Less
So B and I left for San Fran/Vegas trip back on August 12, and didn't really get back to normal life until August 23. I was tired and behind on work when we got back, and it took me almost 3 weeks to get my 3-part trip report up. In that time I didn't read any blogs, figuring I should get my own posts on my poker playing up before I started reading everyone else's. Well, in that roughly 3-week gap, almost 900 posts accumulated in my Bloglines blogroll, and that's just in the "poker" folder!! (I'm finally caught up.)

That got me thinking about how much time I've been spending blogging and reading blogs. It's a lot, and while my enthusiasm for poker and for blogging hasn't diminished, I'm feeliing like I have less and less time in the day. The official start of football season is just hours away, so there go Sundays :) Plus I want to start getting more real work done during the week, and to start exercising more.

So I'll be blogging less in the next few months -- I'm thinking around a post every one or two weeks rather than one or two posts a week. I think this will be a good thing, since fewer posts will hopefully mean higher quality-per-post and help me avoid blogger burnout. Also, I'm going to encourage B to write up some "guest" posts. My only worry is that I'll disappoint any readers who visit the page on a weekly basis, but, bless technology, if I'm in your Bloglines or similar RSS reader it'll let you know when a new post is up.

Interestingly, my last post was my 100th. And as long as I'm taking a look back, I'll note that I started this blog back on April 1 of this year. It was a day for fools, and also spring, so a time for starting new endeavors. Now that fall's around the corner it feels like the right time to slow down a bit on the fun, and buckle a down a bit more in other areas.

And now I'm off to undermine that high-minded goal by squeezing in a couple hours on Party before watching the Pats whoop the Colts :)

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger Listed on 
BlogShares Who Links Here