<$BlogRSDURL$>

Online Poker at Full Tilt Poker
Play poker at the only online poker room designed by the world’s best players.
Wednesday, March 09, 2005

H.O.R.S.E.!
Just a quick post to say that I am very excited about the WPBT H.O.R.S.E. tourney at Full Tilt. I will be out of town this weekend (down near Gettysburgh, PA, about a 7-hour drive, doh!) but am going to make every effort to get back in time for the tourney Sunday night.

Note: My screen name is Cottonmouth on Full Tilt.

As I have said many times on this blog, I am primarily a limit player. Also I have really been enjoying Stud-8. Right now I am working on an Absolute bonus -- play 300 hands of Stud or Stud-8 at $1/$2 or above in the month of March, and get $50 free. I cannot find this promo on their website. I got it via snail mail. Actually, Mrs. Cheap Thrills got it via snail mail -- we used to both get mailings but now only she does. I have no idea why. Anyway, the promo is play the 300 raked hands, then e-mail promotions@absolutepoker.com with the words "$50 Stud" in the subject line along with your Absolute Rewards number (you need to get one of those for this promo). I cleared about 80 raked hands last night and won $40.

I have also been playing the $1 Stud and Stud-8 tourneys on Pokerstars. I seem to to do better at Stud-8 than regular Stud, at least in tourneys. I have also been playing Stud-8 SnGs at Stars, but boy do they take a long time. I do not have much of a head for Omaha, though, and I have never played Razz outside a home game. Still, I'm reading a lot of posts from bloggers who say they don't play anything besides Hold'em, so I have to think that my chances in a H.O.R.S.E. tourney are better than they are in a standard NL Hold'em tourney. However, that is not saying much!

I do have a bigger post brewing, but I am swamped with work this week.

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger Listed on 
BlogShares Who Links Here